Tuesday, September 18, 2012

R.I.P.P.E.D.

Good morning Elle Noel-ers! If you're new today, welcome! I am pleased as punch to have ya! Be sure and find me on Facebook and Instagram @ellenoelfitness if you haven't already!

I'm presently gearing up for the start of Running Clinic, commencing Thursday- training for a November 10k. I've been battling a nagging hip injury since forver mid- July so I'm unnaturally excited to lace up my running shoes again!

Last night, I did my regular Monday evening class at Personally Fit. Thus far, I've described this class simply as a HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workout, but after some curiosity from ya'll, I feel it needs further explanation. Rebeca is a certified RIPPED Instructor who teaches the class at PF. There are R.I.P.P.E.D. instructors all over the great US of A blasting fat away at your local gym.Ok so what exactly is R.I.P.P.E.D. ?


 About R.I.P.P.E.D in their own words-

"R.I.P.P.E.D. – The One Stop Body Shock™ is a "Plateau Proof Fitness Formula" that helps you to create continuity, consistency and challenge in each and every R.I.P.P.E.D. class. It is Plateau Proof, because each component of the workout provides a uniquely different emphasis or system response, so your body never gets accustomed to the constantly changing format. Thus, regular R.I.P.P.E.D. participants achieve undeniable, ultimate results in minimal time, boasting 750-1000 calories burned in just 50 minutes."

R.I.P.P.E.D. in my  words-

It's a fun but challenging class that leaves me feeling like I have accomplished some intense fat burning damage. I particularly like the music. The right music can encourage me to give ten times more of myself than I would ordinarily. The format breaks down into 8 songs. 

  1. Warm-Up
  2. Weight Training (Arms)
  3. Interval Training (Cardio)- Killer
  4. Power- Legs & Back (Carido) Squats, Lunges, Variations of insanely challenging  Push-Ups and Rotating Planks
  5. Plyo- CARDIO- Hopping Jumping, Squatting, Burpees, Jumping Jacks, Jump Squats, and all kinds of ridiculously unattractive exercises
  6. Endurance- Kick Boxing- Favorite!
  7. Abs
  8. Cool Down

 I LOVE this exercise format. It signals to me that the torture will be over with the ending of a song. Hallelujah, because even after all this time, and all the L-B's lost, I often can't wait for my work out to be over. Because I have more important things to worry about. Like what I'm going to eat for dinner and where my husband hid the popcorn

Additionally, just when the routines start to make me feel like I'm not going pass out from panting like a wild animal then drown in my own sweat, they change it up on you.

A new season, all new routines, and all new songs.

Hence, Plateau Proof. I NEVER miss this class. It's given me a way to bench mark my success and I can see results.

One of my favorite fitness quotes- "If it Doesn't Challenge You, It Doesn't Change You".

Here's the link to their website where you can find this class near you!



and your favorite goofy gal post R.I.P.P.E.D sweaty session...



I look so creeptastic in that picture. Holler! That's yet another Ruffles with Love shirt. Clearly, I have an addiciton.  Last night we had Cheesy Skinny Spaghetti Bake with Spaghetti Squash again- a family favorite.

Disclaimer- I'm about to brag on my man.

He made dinner for me while I was at the gym. This literally makes my day. One less thing to worry about. No cooking, just the eating. Nom Nom Nom! Here's my little family. We love our kitty cat, Tuesday, so much, our future children should be terrified of how much we'll love them. hahaha!


This morning, I had time to eat breakfast, sitting down, and watching GMA. I made myself an egg white, turkey bacon, and pineapple peach salsa taco, wrapped in a yellow corn flour tortilla and a side of fresh pineapple and cantaloupe. Mmmmm. I love having time to eat a hot breakfast! Grand Total with Coffee- 242 calories.


For those of you keeping up with the ongoing Noel Popcorn Saga. Here was last night's clue-

"Look underneath the drawers, near the floor, with all things shiny"

Answer?

Bottom Drawer of the Jewelry Box


This game has clearly back fired. However, I am keeping my intake down to one bag a day, and total calories at 1200 per day. Please please please let me lose weight this week!

Here I am running off to work again. I'm super jealous of everyone who is already able to wear boots. Currently high of 84. Maybe it will cool off next week! Fingers Crossed.

Dress- LOFT
Cardigan- Target
Shoes- Nine West Outlet

May each and everyone one of you have a productive, fun, and happiest of days!


Daily Motivator

3 comments:

  1. Love the outfit. Adorbs. I cant wait to hear all about the running clinic. You are going to do great! Happy popcorn! Ha:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally intrigued by RIPPED - def going to look it up. This is my style workout - I am a white girl who CAN"T dance so ZUMBA and all the fun classes are out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakfast looks and sounds so yummy! That RIPPED stuff sounds intense and challenging. Can't wait to hear how it is!

    I like that quote at the end of your post.

    ReplyDelete