Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Powering down on the Don't Wants

Beasting up on the don't wants- hard or easy to do? Ridiculously HARD to do. It requires reaching way deep down into my "please let me wake up a hot sexy super model tomorrow morning" bag to get shit done. Mind over matter.

Just like anyone else I have days where I do NOT want to work out. In fact, I did a whole post on defeating the Don't Wants which you can read here. Yesterday was most certainly one of those "I Don't want" to do anything kind of days.

I wanted to go home after work and take a nap. Just curl up in my bed and sleep unnecessarily for an hour. I was Dreading my afternoon work out with a capital D.

Taking a nap still sounds amazing, but I made a commitment to running clinic and that commitment requires homework. That homework is a 2 mile run every Monday. FFFF.

I had three choices
  1. Run two miles after R.I.P.P.E.D.
  2. Run two mile before R.I.P.P.E.D.
  3. Run two miles then go take a nap
I choose option 2.

Dancing with the Stars All stars premiered and my man and I are now hooked on another show called Revolution. I really wanted to watch TV and not feel guilty about skipping the gym.

 I ran two miles at 5pm in 90 plus degree heat. It was f-ing hot and I was moving slow (11 minute mile & forgot to turn off my running app) but I got it done. Powering through an intense case of the Don't Wants always leaves me feeling like super woman.

Here I am after my run and hour long R.I.P.P.E.D class. LAWD-DAY I was tired and about 30 minutes into R.I.P.P.E.D. I was really feeling those two miles. My endurance level was rapidly depleting but I survived! Take that "Don't Wants"! Something about a Monday, never the less, I'm so happy I followed through with my commitment to running clinic.

I'll wake up early next Monday and run those two miles next week.


We all have these days, thankfully they are few and far between for me. I honestly enjoy exercise, which makes it easier to dig in and put in my work out on a "Don't Want" day. I also continuously remind myself how good I'll feel after powering through my "Don't Wants". Those work outs are always the most empowering.

Then I got to spend three guiltless hours watching television. Ahhh it was so worth it. I NEVER watch this much TV at a time, but I thought my ass deserved a little brain mode off time.

I had Friday night left overs for dinner- Mock Chicken Pasta. MMMmmmm.


I've got a wild crazy day on tap this Tuesday.

Sad story- I forgot to get a daily picture this morning. Sowwy ya'll!

I didn't forget my coffee though. Oh hell to the no.

In the famous words of that there Honey Boo Boo "My special juice is going to help me win”!

Large McDonald's Coffee with one cream and two splenda= 20 calories.


Hope you're having a fabulous day and an even better week!

 
Daily Motivator
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Way to not wimp out, I know running in the heat is a pain in the freaking ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep.. that was me yesterday too and at 7:30 I dragged my bum downstairs and got on that treadmil for a 4 miler - woke up feeling MUCH better today. Some days are so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, new reader here & LOVE your blog! :) I always dread working out but know that I'll feel so great afterward! I'm not saying I always make the right decision but it's good to know I'm not alone on the days that I just don't feel like it. But I must push through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dread workouts some days too but for some reason those are the days I get the runners high or the extra motivation to push through. Love your blog...you are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my little Noel... You are quite the beast. Way to push through that lazy girl in your ear-- she has been in mine all week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm officially obsessed with your blog...I'm always looking for another fitness girl to follow, and you're just the one! I can't wait to keep reading. I've been seriously lacking in motivation lately, but I've lost 70 lbs and am struggling to get off the last 20ish, so thanks for the push I needed! I'm your newest follower and I can tell I'll be sticking around for a while :)

    ReplyDelete