Monday, September 24, 2012

Football & Fashion

Running Clinic Training Day 5- Everything I own is sore, even my shoulders?

I've completed two runs thus far, the first 3 miler last Thursday during the group run, and Saturday before the rooster crowed, EARLY in the morning, Kassie and I met up at Personally Fit for the assigned 2.5 mile run.

Running clinic with Kassie has been a blast thus far, working out with a friend makes exercise so much more enjoyable! Plus she's funny, positive, and super uplifting to be around! We plan to run our Saturday assignments together for the duration of the clinic, working out with a friend =accountability= blasting through to goal weight!

Today we're assigned a a two mile run that I'll get in after my regular R.I.P.P.E.D. class.

One day a week, we're also assigned a break day. Que the dread music- don don doonnnn.

I'm not good at resting. I like to roll hard in the paint. However, my body was quite literally aching yesterday. My legs hurt, my back hurt, all my brown hairs hurt, and I was walking slow sloth style all around the house. My body was screaming at me- SLOW DOWN! So that's what I did :)

 My husband and I decided to throw together a last minute Saint's party. I whipped up a skinny breakfast casserole (I used all egg whites and hashbrowns this time), skinny mimosa's and a personal football favorite- cream cheese and red pepper jelly dip, which is so easy and looks incredibly fancy! I used 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese and served with reduced fat ritz crackers. It disappeared faster than the Saint's lead on the Chiefs. Womp Womp.


We really thought the Saint's were going to bring home a W yesterday. That game was just stressful to watch. So stressful, I completely forgot to put OJ in my mimosa. Woopsies



I have to admit, I'm feeling disappointed, obviously starting the season 0-3 isn't ideal. I was rooting extra hard for the Saints this week, because my husband has promised to do a guest post on the blog. 

How are these two things related?

He'll only do a post if the Saint's win a game. Cheer loudly for those boys in black & gold because I can guarantee his point of view on weight loss Boss Lady badass-ness will be freaking hysterical.

For me, football season has always been about spending time with the people I enjoy the most. We had a few friends over, we laughed until we cried, and bounced back rather quickly from the Saint's loss.

I don't know how many calories I consumed yesterday, and frankly, I don't really care. It was liberating to thoroughly enjoy a rest day from my weight loss agenda.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't plunge off the deep end and grab every single calorie I could get my hands on on my way down, but I didn't count any of my calories either. I even had pizza for dinner while watching the Emmy's with Princess Consuela Banana Hammock. Sunday Funday oh how I love thee.

We really only watch the Emmy's for the fashion.

I did start practicing my speech just in case they start giving out trophy's at the office. I'm always prepared.

I have two Emmy fashion favorite's

Julie Bowen from Modern Family, she looks flat out gorgeous (check out those arms!)
and the color of that dress screams, "I'm so much fun, how could I not win tonight!?"


Julianne Hough- She looks so beautiful old school movie star.
I only wish I had somewhere to go in a dress like that!


Who were your favorite Emmy fashion favorites?!

My Sunday Funday hiatus was just what the doctor ordered. Back to boss lady business today.

Running off to work this morning in normal people cloths.....
visions of Emmy fashion fabulousness dancing in my head!



I hope you have a wonderfully productive  Monday!

Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!
 
Daily Motivator
 



6 comments:

  1. Julie looked fantastic. #1 winner in my book too. So glad you had a day to relax and enjoy some good food, drinks, and company. Those days ARE great. But for real - the Chiefs.. come on.. ha ha ha. Can't say much though "Da Bears" whooped up on the Rams:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red pepper dip looks sooo good and so do the mimosas! :) Relax days are the best! It's always good to take one of those once in a while. Honestly, I didn't even realize the Emmys were on, I'm terrible!!! Julie is so beautiful anyway and that dress makes her even more beaufiful! Julianne's dress is JAW DROPPING beautiful! I'd wear that b*tch to Target! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks for the sweet mention! I totally agree that running together made it alot easier. I'm not sure I'd have gotten it done at 7:30 without knowing we were meeting up. Definitely gonna have to make it a habit!

    Love pepper jelly and cream cheese! I haven't had it in so long though. And your breakfast casserole always looks so good, I'll definitely have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a Chief's fan *I* was shocked that they won (and happy too!) But at this point I would rather have a first round draft pick so I will cheer the Saints on for you this coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My other Noel.... You are motivating me so much. Seriously. You never take a day off or make excuses. Good job on the runs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love football season for the food and friends! There is nothing better :) And congrats on the workouts..you go girl!

    ReplyDelete