Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Choosing Happiness

Today is going to be a rock star bad ass day. First off, it started like this


Hot breakfast, at home. No shoveling food in my yap while running around crazy lady style this morning. Hallelujah. Yesterday, I got my butt in the gym for a beast of a work out. My Labor Day Holiday over indulgences had left me feeling like an overstuffed sausage sluggish, tired, gross, and beedle de blah blah blah. An hour and half at the gym and 1200 calorie day turned my world right side up. Feeling like my Boss Lady Champ self again. Tuesday work out summary- 40 minutes on the elliptical, Plank Work Out to the Tabata Timer, Audrina Abs, 10 minutes on the Stair Master ( Fat Burner Plus Level 5), and a whole bunch of crazy ab stuff I made up off the top of my head. I could not stop working out. It burned sooo good. Annoying girl everyone hates singing, I'm sexy and I know it, I work out!


I got creative with my meals yesterday because I was too lazy didn't have time to get to the grocery store. Take a look at my afternoon snack. That's a light cheese stick, one slice of smart white, and 2 tablespoons of chocolate PB2. Mmmmm


Tuesday night's creative dinner- Spaghetti squash, grilled chicken, vegetable mock pasta. I had a bag of mixed frozen vegetables and frozen peas. I tossed everything in the pan, and voila. This was a great mock pasta. I used two tablespoons of olive oil and sauteed an onion in two tablespoons of Light Blue Bonnet Margarine. Talk about good. Sprinkle some Italian Seasonings, Salt & pepper, and Bon Appetite! Dinner on the fly. 325 calories for 1/3. I also baked my spaghetti squash for 40 minutes at 350 and allowed it to cool about 10 minutes. This was the best my spaghetti squash has ever turned out, it was slightly al dente, and very pasta like (My inner fatty was tres happy). Delish. So delish, my man ate 2/3. No leftovers.




My man and I watched a documentary on Netflix last night, we're Netflix hoe bags straight up. Anywho, the documentary is titled,

Happy, A global journey from the swamps of Louisiana to the slums of Kolkata in search of what really makes people happy

What an eye opener. I went to bed thinking about the many things I'm grateful for that make me so very happy.

My loving supportive husband who never tells me my dreams are to big

My family who always believe in their wild crazy tall girl with her head in the clouds

Friends with which to laugh, love, and support one another through life

My health 

My sweet kitty cat Tuesday

My job that enables me to live the life I love

The opportunity presented to me just by being born in The United States of America

The ability to change and love my body, so that I can present the absolute best version of me to the world, even though I'm literally working my ass off to do so, I'm lucky to be able to do so.

None of these are material goods, a place I often go to find shallow happiness.

It got me thinking about where other's find their happiness. What makes you happy?

"The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself."
--Benjamin Franklin.


 I Choose Happiness :)




Wishing you a Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy day!


Daily Motivator




No comments:

Post a Comment