Monday, September 10, 2012

Acme Oyster House- New Orleans Series

I want to tell ya'll all about every little detail about our recent weekend in NOLA. My husband and I adore traveling and crave it frequently. Suffering from a severe case of Wanderlust over here. The occasional weekend get away can quite those feelings until it's time for a big trip.

New Orleans is roughly a 2.5-3 hour drive from our home town depending on traffic. Recently, my very dear friend, Susannah and her boyfriend, spread their wings and flew away from home. They are living in an adorable condo in uptown New Orleans, a block's walk to the Street Car and famous St. Charles Avenue.

I'm going to break down our action packed weekend into three posts. This first post details some serious good eating yeah cher (sha).

WARNING- Not diet friendly!

The Acme Oyster House is located just off of Bourbon Street and the corner of Iberville. There is always, and I mean always, a line around the block to eat here.

As many times as I've been to New Orleans, three to four times a year nearly my entire 25 years of life, I have never eaten here.

That's not because I haven't been curious as to why so many people would wait in line such a long line to get their grub on, it's because we've been to hungry to wait, or the group as a whole has decided not to wait. We walked by talking about eating, and the line looked shorter than usual, so we got our butts in that line, time to find out what all the hype is about....


Our wait was super brief, maybe 15 minutes? We were too busy running our yaps and talking to other people to feel we'd been there long.

I gave my inner fat girl exactly what she wanted. A soul food lunch. Oh and then I washed it all down with a glass of Riesling. Ain't vacation grand?

Appetizer- Boo Frys. French Fry's covered in cheese and gravy. Be still my heart. Only 4 dollars too, holler!


My husband and I decided to split this Po-Boy. We also ordered a side of Hush Puppies to and a cup of soup to share. The fried oysters on this Po-Boy were the BEST fried Oysters I have ever had in my entire life. This alone was worth the wait.


We also got the charbroiled Oysters. You can't go to an Oyster House and not order oysters on the half shell. That's just dumb. Did I mention they were soaked in butter and covered in melted cheese? Oh mais la! Devine!


We walked about 5 miles all over the French Quarter after this so I feel ZERO guilt, plus on vacation, eat what you want! Life is short, wash that down with a cocktail while you're at it.

Susannah and her main squeeze :)


Some of us have a hard time being serious- 
" WAAHOOO!! I love the eating with no CC-ing!!!" 
Lawd-Day. 
CC-ing = Counting Calories


Next time your in the Big Easy treat yourself to the Acme Oyster House. It is well worth the wait! 

In my next NOLA post, I'll tell you about this gent, Mr. Bolo. Try not to be jealous of his gaw-geous lady killer lashes


Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, and My Fitness Pal!

No comments:

Post a Comment