Tuesday, August 21, 2012

True confessions of deep dark clean eating fears

Good Morning Elle Noel followers! Happy Tuesday to each of you, it's going to be a fantastic day today! I'm on day 2 of the 12 day, no cheat, no carbs for dinner, three two a day work outs a week challenge, 10 work outs in 7 days total. I'm glad I didn't add any more stipulations into the challenge, because I'm having trouble remembering all of the above! I'm feeling super light and bouncy this morning. Probably has something to do with the light crisp veggie and fish dinner I ate last night, or maybe it's this beautiful day cheering me on, regardless, my goals seem well within reach this gorgeous Tuesday!

I didn't get in a work out this morning, I forgot to set my alarm, womp womp. I'll have to do three consecutive two a days now. Update on my left leg. It's feeling the best it has since I injured it mid-July. I have to wait one more week before running, and each passing day is killing me slowly. I'm itching to go for a long run, but I don't want to re-injure myself as I have done three times now trying to run on my busted hip. Last night during my regular HIIT class at Personally Fit, I was able to do all of the Plyo and jumping without modification and I really pushed myself physically. It felt so liberating to finally be free from hip pain. I haven't been able to do much in the way of high knees or hopping on that leg for weeks. I really messed it up bad ya'll. Take it from me, if you ever hear something pop when running, you should probably stop running. Right then. Don't run two more miles on it. Sheesh. This has been a learning experience for me, however I'm really looking forward to running clinic next month! I'm thinking of signing up for a half marathon in the spring, but we'll see how the 10K and eight week running clinic go first. Running will really beat your fat up, it's my favorite form of cardio so it's been pretty painful having to get creative the past month. Oh wells, it is what it is. Light at the end of the tunnel! Last night was day one of no carbs for dinner. I had two grilled tilapia fillets and two cups of steamed broccoli- no cheese- that's a carb too ya'll. Don't shoot the messenger!


Tonight I think I'll have a grilled turkey patty over spinach or something similar. I have plans to do something creative with cauliflower later in the week so stay tuned! I'm also planning to take advantage of all of those lettuce wrap and cucumber sub pins I've been seeing on Pinterest.  I placed an order for the Tropical Strawberry Shakeology, I'm almost out of my Chocolate Shakeology as I've been drinking the chocolate everyday for nearly 5 months now, I figured it might be time to step out of my comfort zone and try a new flavor. Obviously, I'm a creature of habit, not ashamed to admit it! I really love the chocolate ya'll, but it's always wise to try new things. I'll let ya'll know how things go between me and the Tropical Strawberry, I'm sure we'll be fast friends :)  Yesterday was a wild crazy day, here I am lunch on the run! Shake shake shakeology!!



I had one of my favorite fresh fruits for a mid-morning snack yesterday, mangos, oh yeah! Although, I think I do prefer a mango all mixed up in coconut rum, a blender, in a big tall lady glass, topped with an electric hot pink umbrella, and served up next to the sea, but don't we all? Obviously, I'm beginning to feel a little sad about the ominously looming conclusion of summer.  Fruity drinks and umbrellas just don't go mix well with bonfires and gumbo. Oh summer, I will miss you terribly!


I'm really looking forward to results from my no carb for dinner challenge. True confessions- I'm afraid I'll put up big numbers and have to seriously reevaluate my skinny carbs and cheese recipes. I'm hesitant in the extreme to fully submerse myself in clean eating, and I've long harbored fears that will be the only way for me to get rid of the remaining chunk and reach my goal. In my experience, super strict diet restrictions- long term- are a set-up for failure. I don't like absolutes, ie I will absolutely never eat processed foods, gluten, boudin, bread, fast food, or cookies again. AS IF! Absolutes just don't work for me, hence short term challenges and an all around life style change. We'll see what happens. I didn't want any of you thinking I'm going to allow cheese, carbs, and my love of all things Mexican, to go quietly or willingly into the night without a full on fight. Where there is a will, there is a way.

No awkward mirror shot this morning, my husband took my picture! Three cheers for my man! I randomly threw this outfit together this morning. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I'm rocking it none the less! It's feeling like a wonderful day to try new things!

Dress- Dress Barn
Jacket- Old Navy
Shoes- Nine West Outlet

If you haven't done so already, be sure and check out my Facebook page and "like" me there! I've got some great pre & post chunky monkey pictures up for your motivation pleasure! Also, feel free to add my on My Fitness Pal (MFP) if you're curious about seeing exactly what I eat everyday or you just want to be my MFP friend!

FYI- no one can see your weight in numbers on MFP, just what you want to lose. I've had a few people express these fears to me. Don't worry, you are not alone. No one wants to share the big bad numbers with the masses, this girl included! With that said, don't be shy, this a judgement free zone people!

Wishing you a happy, productive, and joyful Tuesday! Thanks for reading!


Daily Motivator
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I'm a new follower - found you through Holly. You look AMAZING. I'm wondering how do you cook the tilapia? I know you said you grill it, but do you use any sauce? Seasonings? Looks delish and I would love my tilapia to taste better. Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete