Thursday, August 2, 2012

Long, lean, fat burning machine!

Well hello hardcore Thursday, we meet again! I got in my hour long work out this morning- Beastmode=ON. I'm planning to get in one more work out this afternoon and an early morning work out Friday. That's going to be it for the weekend, aside from some light walking and maybe some abs. I'm starting my three day Shakology cleanse tomorrow, and working out beastmode style, on that diet, is a big no no. Last night, I got in a circuit training class. It combined rounds of high intensity cardio, short rests, and weight lifting. I know when a work out requires this much equipment I'm about to get my butt handed to me. I freaking love that!



I had to sit out of 337 Fit Club last night. Sad Story. My left leg really needs some rest. Since it's been paining me for almost two weeks now, I thought it would be best to take it down a notch. Plus I was tired and had laundry to do. I was really beating myself up about this, but it is what it is. That's a favorite saying at my house "it is what it is". Oh wells! Additionally, my husband was happy he got to spend some extra time with me. Sometimes you just have to rest! I'll be back at 337 Fit Club on Monday. Don't hesitate to ask for info about 337 Fit Club. This is such a fun activity and it's FREE!!

It was brought to my attention from several readers this week that I don't talk much about weight lifting, only crazy cardio sessions. For the inquiring minds, yes, I do lift weights. I refrain from discussing my weight lifting habits in detail for a few reasons.
  1. I can not adequately explain, with any knowledge stemming from formal education, as to why pumping those weights is flat out amazing for your body. I know that muscle burns more calories than fat, even after you've ended your work out. I know muscle weighs more than fat. I know that muscles are sexy. I also know that I don't want my arms flapping in the wind or cellulite thinking it gets to live rent free on my rear end. No thanks, not for me.
  2. In my experience, everyone has a difference in opinion in regards to weight lifting, and they are usually strong opinions. I just don't like opening cans of worms like that ya'll. I do what works for me. Period. It's that simple.
  3. I'm not a personal trainer, exercise scientist, or a nutritionist. I am quite simply, a girl who used to be fat. I'm not an expert. I can only relay the "how" of my personal success.
My objectives in lifting weights are simple; tone up and get stronger. I'm not interested in being the strongest chick at the gym or keeping pace with muscly macho men slanging around 80lbs dumbbells, that just isn't important to me. I stick with low weight high repetition in combination with high intensity cardio and/or circuit training. The class I did this morning was strictly weight lifting. I do this class once a week on Thursday mornings. Honestly, I find it to be quite boring, but it's a necessary evil. This is working for me. I've recently moved up in weight class, and this makes me happy. It makes me happy because everything is getting smaller AND stronger. That's really what I care about, being a long lean fat burning machine! Holla!

This afternoon I'm getting in an hour long HIIT group exercise session followed up a 30 minute ab blast class. I'm really trying to power through these  last stubborn pounds I'm battling. I seem to hit a plateau every 20 pounds. I'll hang around the plateau for a few weeks then start moving down again with consistency. I'm going to force those numbers down ya'll. Time to get cray cray! Cray= Crazy, thank Jay Z and Kanye for that one.

Plan for the weekend- 3 day Shakeology cleanse followed up with a week on the Paleo diet. Thankfully, I have friend that's doing the cleanse with me, there's safety in numbers ya'll.

Yesterday was a fantastic diet day. I kept to my 1200 calorie diet, got in all my water, and a bag of popcorn. You know I'm happy! Here's a look at last night's supper. Tuna steak and broccoli, a nearly identical meal to Tuesday night. I'm getting a little lazy this week. I think I'll try and shake things up with something new tonight. Stay tuned.


I'll report the results from my Shakeology cleanse on Monday along with my friend's results, if she'll let me of course. I've done the cleanse before, it's a great way to get those numbers moving down quickly. This is also a perfect time for me to really rest my hip that's still nagging me. I'm intensely missing my runs. If I can't run by Monday morning, it's off to the chiropractor I go.

There's a member of my family that's not really into my exercise, weight loss, and new found blogging habit. This is because she gets less of my attention. This makes her upset ya'll. Poor thing. Here she is last night demanding I give her more attention. She's thinking, " Excuse me! Put down that computer and pay attention to me NOW!" Seesh, so bossy, but I love her. Here's my sweet sweet pet kitty cat, Tuesday. Yep that's her name, like the day of the week.




I've gotten such great feedback from everyone this week. Starting this blog has been such an overwhelmingly positive experience. I've received some really great tips and tricks for enhancing my work outs and meal planning. I'm going to try a new protein bar as soon as I'm out of the Luna Bars. Has anyone heard of Think Thin protein bars? One of my readers happens to be a lean, mean, clean eating, exercise machine, and she recommended these to me. I can't wait to try these out. Crunchy peanut butter chocolate fudge and cookies & creme flavors? Oh yes please. Don't need to ask me twice!

Wishing you all a great day out there! Keep up all that hard work, it WILL pay off!


Daily Motivator


No comments:

Post a Comment