Monday, August 27, 2012

Keeping the weight loss train on track

Good morning!! Another beautiful day, another Monday morning, and a new chance to get it all right! I was able to get back on track with my challenge Sunday, and my set back Saturday night is now in the past. Ain't life grand? I spent the majority of my Sunday with one of my very dearest friends, Susannah*. She recently moved to New Orleans and we don't get to see each other but once or twice a month now a days. I know what you're thinking, "Stop complaining. One or Twice a month is a lot!" We used to see each other more like once or twice a day/ week, so once or twice a month doesn't seem like all that much now does it? She had to head home to New Orleans around three o'clock, although with what's brewing up in the gulf right now, I'm sure she'll be headed right back. New Orleans is about two and a half hours from our little city. I still find it hard to believe that she really did it, picked up her life, spread her wings, and flew away from home. Alas, this is a fact of life, people grow up and move away. Then there are people like me who grow up, move four and half miles away from their parents and still pop in unannounced hollering, "Moommmmmm, can I steal some flour/corn starch//milk, and do you have anything for lunch? I'm starvinggg. Do you want to go shopping with me? Yeah, right now!" I use the  term "grown up" very loosely as it applies to me.

My husband had very manly things to attend to yesterday afternoon, and by very manly, I'm referring to his fantasy football draft. This is very serious business people. I had the afternoon all to my little self, and I was able to gear up into hyper productive mode. I cleaned my house from top to bottom, did the all the laundry, the grocery shopping, and got in my work out! I needed to return the bicycle I'd stolen from my Mom's house before we bought bikes, so that's what I did. I cycled six miles in 30 minutes taking a round about way to my Mom's house. Lucky for me, my Mommy brought me back home so I didn't have to run/walk back. Phew! Then I did Sunday's days of the week pin three times and finished with a round of Audrina Abs. You don't need expensive equipment or a home gym to put in a work out. I had my bicycle and this stuff, seriously high-tech right ya'll?


This was my tenth work out in seven days. Check check for my 12 day challenge. I get to run again this week. I'm excited/nervous about running again. I know I'll have lost major time and stamina resting my hip this last month, but I'm constantly amazing myself with where I can push my formerly fat body. Although,  I have been instructed to take it easy, i.e. don't throw the treadmill up to 8.0 and see how long I can hang out. Start slow and work back up. Le sigh.  I'm planning to put in my first two a-day tomorrow morning. Post Sunday work out boss lady bad assness!


Friday night, I made Cauliflower "mashed potatoes" green beans and grilled chicken for my carb-less dinner.


This was an excellent dieting weekend aside from Saturday's fast food run. I feel it's important to note- when you go out drinking, the next morning you will weigh less. I weighed in Sunday morning 3lbs lighter than I had Friday morning. If this happens to you, don't get all excited, your ass is just dehydrated, so don't make things worse by starting your day off with a mimosa or a bloody Mary and think you're gonna continue losing weight. Drink some water, and those lbs will come right back to haunt you. I'm getting lots of questions about how to be skinny and still get drunky. I'll do a post soon on alcohol and weight loss. Be warned, it ain't like Taaka, they don't mix easily. Last night, I had left over cauliflower "mashed potatoes" with a lettuce wrap. Yum Yum!



This is how my Monday morning started off. It's going to be another wild crazy day! Just how I like it :) That's honey dew melon in my zip lock bag. Honey dew melon is scrumptiously sweet and a close cousin of the cantaloupe. I'm continuously changing up my foods so that I don't get bored with what I'm eating. Boredom leads to poor choices, poor choices lead to weight gain, weight gain leads to unhappiness. Keep it interesting peeps!


The elephant in the room, Tropical Storm/ Hurricane Isaac. I'm currently formulating a dieting contingency plan for Mr. Isaac. I'm not overly concerned at this point, unfortunately it looks like neighboring New Orleans will catch the brunt of his wrath. What's nice about a hurricane, is that we know it's coming and can prepare. I don't buy into the, "Quick! Everyone panic!!!!" mentality. We know it's headed for our hood, we all know what to do, it ain't our first rodeo. Don't wig out about stuff that you have no control over, it's super unproductive and you'll just give yourself unnecessary wrinkles. Who has time for that?

Here I am this morning in another awkward mirror self shot. Mr. Noel got to sleep late this gorgeous day. He lives the sweet life ya'll!


Yes, I am wearing a turtle neck in deep Southern Louisiana late August. I sit in an igloo all day peeps. Seriously, my space heater is on right now. I kid you not!

Boss up on this day ya'll! Thanks for reading!

 
Daily Motivator
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment