Friday, August 10, 2012

It's Fat Free Friday!

It's the end of another week, they just keep ticking faster and faster! I told ya'll I'd report my weigh in this morning. Zero pounds lost since I finished the cleanse Monday. I'm ok with that, I didn't really have high hopes to drop much in four days. I'll put in my best effort this week, and hopefully the scale will reflect that next Friday!

I got my hairs did yesterday afternoon. I feel like a bran new woman ya'll. I love getting my hair trimmed and colored. I get this done roughly every eights weeks. I'm super attached to my hair dresser. She's been with me through all the crazy weight ups & downs, high school, college, post college, wedding, first big girl job, and all that other random stuff in between. She knows all my deep dark secrets and is one of the most important people in my life, keeping my tresses looking fab since 2001! Craziness. She fixed me up yesterday, I feel like a million bucks today! I absolutely love getting my hair done, it's so relaxing. After taming my mane, I headed home to cram dinner in my yapper. I grilled a Turkey Patty- Jennie O, 200 Calories- and ate it over fresh spinach and mushrooms with a low fat blue cheese dressing (you can buy anything reduced fat if you look long enough). Ahhh dinner, yum yum!


Then I ran over to meet my people at our favorite sports bar to watch our Saints! This is one of my most favorite times of year. When football is on the TV, it just isn't hard to get people together. They didn't win, we don't care- only pre-season, and we had a great time. I'm getting really good at watching other people drink and eat the yumminess that I can not. It hardly bothers me anymore, well almost, but I'm going to keep telling myself that. Here I am with my "Drew", he's so stinkin cute!


...and  because we always take a girl's pic- Here are the gals-  Madeline*, Princess Conswhelah Banana Hammock*, and myself (Princess Conswhelah Banana Hammock* is the chick that's talking. She was doing that in every pic.Some days peeps just can't get it together.I know what you're thinking, yes, she really asked me to call her Princess Conswhelah Banana Hammock*on my blog. I'm only doing it this once because I love her so much, from here on out she's Amelia*)


Madeline* promised me last night that she would meet me at the gym this morning for some fat blasting. RAWR! She and I exercise together a lot. We even committed to two 5am work outs a week, for 12 weeks, earlier this year when we split personal training, so it's not uncommon for us to work out in the morning together. However, I honestly didn't think she would get her butt there at 5:15am to meet me. We were out pretty late, and she's a teacher who doesn't start school until next week. Basically, her life has been the bomb since school let out in May. If I were her, I don't think I'd get up at the butt crack of dawn to meet my crazy boss lady friend at the gym. I'm not jealous and I'll keep telling myself that. Guess what ya'll? To my immense surprise, that gorgeous face strolled in to meet me this morning!! I was so happy, working out with a BFF makes it so much more fun! I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and she did 35 minutes on the tread mill. Then we did  this arm work out from Pinterest. I wanted to do my 15 minutes on the stair master, but we did to much talking and I'd run out of time (FYI- constant chitter chatter is a worth while hazard when exercising with a close friend). To get our heart rates back up we blasted out 30 jumping jacks, 5 burpees and ten mountain climbers. Next we launched into my new favorite Brazilian Butt Work out and finished with the Burning Core Pyramid. We had a lot of fun. Madeline* and I exercise together several times a week, so we have a lot of fun pushing each other to do our best. Standard goofy Friday gym picture! I really love that girl, this work out totally made my day!



I almost forgot to tell ya'll!! I FINALLY got my Think Thin Bars! I ate one this morning, mmm it was so delicious! I had the Crunchy Peanut Butter flavor. I ordered an assortment pack for myself on Monday and it arrived at my casa Thursday afternoon! Right after I placed the order, my girl Kate* calls and tells me she found them at Drug Emporium. Of course. I searched all over Wal Mart for these bars last Sunday. Once you decide to start eating healthy, and looking for specific products to fuel your fat burning agenda, you discover some shady shit is going down at the grocery store. For instance, it's standard grocery procedure to place the "Nutritional Bars" like Luna, The Zone, Think Thin, and gluten free products, in a section completely separate from other "Nutrional Bars", i.e breakfast bars & other common meal replacements. The meal replacement bars that are super amazing, really great fuel, this is what you really should be eating to be successfully dropping pounds from your body, are hiding near the pharmacy. Does this make since to you? It doesn't to me. No wonder people are constantly faced with poor decisions, the whole system is set up to work against your ass. Ok, sorry, rant over. Anywho, the Think Thin Bar was amazing. The bar is packing more calories than the Luna Bar, however, Think Thin Bars have 20grams of protein, ZERO grams of sugar and they're gluten free. Luna Bars have less calories, however they're packing 8grams of protein and 12 grams of sugar. Pick your poison peeps. I'm trying to add in more protein anywhere I can, so I'm willing to cut back calories else where. Protein eats fat, and I like that. Here's my assortment box that arrived via snail mail yesterday afternoon:


I hope I've given you some new foods to mule over as you head into your weekend, I've got an extra fun weekend on tap. It's already started off the right way! I leave you a slice of "comedy" from my "super funny" husband. Back story- I don't always turn my alarm off right away in the morning (ok, I press snooze. A LOT), this annoys my husband so much it makes the inside of his eye balls itch. Especially since he gets to sleep about two hours later than me nearly every day. He has no idea how good he has it. Anywho, he sends me this picture yesterday afternoon. What do you think he's trying to say!? Huh!? Smart ass.


Wishing each and everyone one of you a safe, fun filled, everything you ever wished for, amazing weekend!

Daily Motivator





No comments:

Post a Comment