Thursday, July 26, 2012

Living the Fit Fabulous Life

Good morning peeps! Stay strong, it's almost weekend time again! I'm on day 11 of my 14 day challenge. I'm beginning to feel like it will never end. However, I've been continually super successful with zero cheats and 14 work outs under my belt. Just like anyone else, I waiver, lose focus, and feel tempted at times. Thankfully, one of my very dear friends and biggest cheerleaders gave me an amazing pep talk last night in between work outs. My resolve is returning, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to have a big ole glass of vino after work tomorrow. Oh and yes, I said in between work outs. We pulled a crazy boss lady last night!

Wednesday evening we did our regular class at Personally Fit. It's one of our absolute favorites for a few reasons, the music and the instructor. This girl can pump you up and get you going like you're going to drop that ten pounds you've been fighting right there on the gym floor. Yesterday she announced, "This is fat funeral!! Everyone wear black!!". I love this chick, she rocks! I've talked a few times about how a killer play list can make you really want to kick your own butt. Everyone prefers different music and lyrics to really get you into the groove, generally speaking, songs with high beats per minute (bpm) will encourage you to give more of yourself. I have a rotating list of favorites. Here's a list of songs in the high bpm range, 165-180. A killer play list can change up a day and get me out of the most stubborn of funks. Music literally feeds my soul, each and every day, and in all aspects of life- not just when I'm being a gym rat.

Here's a list of some of my favorite work out jams (This list is constantly changing):

'Till I Collapse- Eminem & Nate Dogg
Survivor- Destiny's Child
Cracks (Flux Pavillion Remix)- UKF Dubstep 2010
Push It- Salt & Pepper
We Won't Give Up- The Afters
Diva- Beyonce
T.H.E- Will.I.Am
Too Close- Alex Clare
Cinema- Benny Benassi
More- Usher
Loser Like Me- Glee Cast
Fighter- Christina Augilera
Booty Work (One Cheek at a time)- Off the Record
Gonna Make You Sweat- C+C Music Factory
I Made It (Cash Money Heroes)- Kevin Rudolf

Find music that works for you, and you'll be able to take your work out to another level! I literally can not work out with out my music, especially when I run. It's essential. Eminem & Nate Dogg have talked me out of giving up on a run on numerous occasions- thanks bro!

Ok back to boss lady exercise- Here's my sister from another mister and I in our new Ruffles With Love shirts after work out number 1 ( Special thanks to my new favorite gym rat and amazing friend- you know who you are- for taking this picture!)


Next, the three of us (two in the picture plus amazing photographer) ventured over to Scandals for the second 337 Fit Club! We just love getting scandalous at Scandals ya'll! This is my new favorite group of people! Everyone is so friendly, welcoming, and eager to help one another out! We had a great work out doing P90X2 Plyo. We had such a great time ya'll, and we ended up running into some familiar faces! If you want some more info on 337 Fit Club, please don't hesitate to ask! Fit Club meets on Monday & Wednesday evenings- message me for all of the details.

After Fit Club, we all had a long talk about food, because that's what people who want to lose weight talk about, eating. We had a pretty interesting debate about Lean Cuisines in particular. Lean Cuisines really aren't that great for you guys. I know it's heart breaking, I nearly cried the first time someone told me. They're extremely high in sodium, but they are great for portion control. For a lot of people, they are essential for lunch on the run and fit easily into a busy schedule. I ate a Lean Cuisine almost daily before making the switch to Shakeology for lunch. I still eat one or two Lean Cuisines a week, because they are so easy. In fact, I ate one last night, because I would never expect my husband to wait until nearly nine at night to eat dinner while I'm off being boss lady. Yes, I know it's bad to eat that late, but some days it happens. I reached a plateau with the Lean Cuisine and switched it up, because when something isn't working that's what you do, make a change. In short, we decided they're incredibly delicious and leave you feeling guilt free, and when you're super busy and a meal is that easy, you got to do what you got to do! Listen to your body, if something is working for you roll with it, every one is different. If it's not working for you, make a change! It's pretty simple. Speaking of listening to your body- I rolled to hard in that paint yesterday ya'll. My lower back is really fussing me this morning- so I sat out of my 5:30am work out. I was feeling really guilty about skipping too, but sometimes you have to take it down a notch.



I'll still get in my afternoon boss lady work out though. Don't ya'll worry! I know I am doing something right- here I am wearing more five year old pants! This is a great day!


Tell this day who is boss guys and gals!! Make things happen!

Daily Motivator

No comments:

Post a Comment