Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 14, is it wine-thirty yet?

Day 14- Last day of my challenge, can't believe it's finally here! We've been busy with another fun action packed weekend! Friday after work, I headed back to the gym to get in another sweat session with a nearly identical work out from my morning session. Friday night, we went to Walk-Ons with a group of friends to watch the opening of the Olympics, what a show!! I just can't get enough of the Olympics! Walk Ons has food for the dieter that will leave you feeling guilt free, however, I knew it would be a late night, so I ate dinner before we went out so that I wouldn't be tempted to cheat. I nearly had to sit on my hands all evening to keep myself from snatching fried onions rings off the monster plate my husband ordered, but I did it. I sat there and didn't have one single bite of any of the ooey gooey goodness around me. It was tough. It was even harder watching my girl friends sip martinis and mojitoes while I dutifully sipped my water. I definitely have a new found respect for all the pregnant chicks out there. I would have taken pictures for ya'll, but I was too busy talking myself out of eating those onion rings.

Saturday was one of the best days I've had in a long time. I woke up early and ate breakfast while watching men's bicycling. I really got to enjoy my breakfast. This is so rare, I'm usually scarfing it down while running out the door loaded down with my day. Eating breakfast sitting down in peace, aaahhhh. Love it.


Next, I went and got my car washed, and it still hasn't been rained on! Happiness! Saturday morning my hip was feeling nearly 100% so I decided to try and get in a run. I set out to complete Minka Kelly's treadmill routine. One round is just shy of a mile. I finished one mile which was roughly 10 minutes, and my hip was hurting some kind of awful, so I decided to switch on over to the elliptical trainer. I'm very ready for my hip to stop hurting me! I did 40 minutes on the elliptical followed by an arms, chest, and back weight lifting routine that I made up on the fly. Next, I did 15 minutes on the stair master to get my heart rate back up and finished with Burning Core Pyramid ab routine. Phew, this was a great work out. Boss lady style!


All week I had been looking forward to spending my Saturday with my Mom. We had such a great mother-daughter day. We did what all us girls like to do, mani-pedi's followed up by shopping! Here's a look at my pedi. I felt like getting crazy with my toes ya'll. I selected neon green with one sparkly toe on each foot- walking on the wild side!


The challenge has been much easier this weekend. Mostly because I decided not to stay home and think about all I'm missing out on. I got out there and had fun all weekend long. Early in the week, one of our close couple friends that we almost never get to see, they have four kids, called to set up a date with us Saturday night. When they have a sitter and can get together- we jump on that! All week long, I had been thinking about how I would handle the challenge, and enjoying myself with our friends that we never get to see. Early Saturday morning, I decided that I would have drinks with our friends that night. Obviously, this counts as breaking my challenge, however, I'd decided that I would not go over my calorie intake (1200 per day) to be able to have these drinks. I saved up calories by skipping my daily snacks. This saved me 500 calories. WOW. I do a lot of snacking. Here I am heading out to dinner. I love that jumpsuits have made a come back. I just adore this outfit. Side note- my husband is making fun of me for taking all of these pictures of myself. That's why I'm laughing- it is pretty ridiculous.


The four of us headed out down town for dinner at Tsunami. We shared edmame as an appetizer, and ordered 6 rolls of sushi to share. I ate eight pieces. That's it. I wanted to have those drinks. Tsunami is famous for it's down right sinfully scrumptious martinis. Martinis are packing some serious empty calories, and I had no way of knowing how many calories I'd be in taking consuming a chocolate martini, and I never want to find out. Somethings in life should remain mysterious. Instead of a martini, (my chunky, in denial, over weight self would have ordered three chocolates) I stuck to champagne- 74 calories per 4oz. I refuse to beat myself up about breaking this part of the challenge. All in all, I consumed 1247 calories yesterday, and got in a nearly 2 hour work out. We had such a great time last night and we almost never go out downtown these days! A rare treat indeed!

These friends are celebrating their tenth wedding anniversary this year and are doing ten special dates to celebrate- this was date number six. We felt so honored they selected us to share in their special milestone. Happy TENTH anniversary! Some occasions demand champagne ya'll. Here we all are at dinner:



Tomorrow is weigh in day. Time to get results from my 14 day challenge. I'm excited, I feel really great about the last 14 days, and no matter what happens with the big bad scale, I'm proud of myself.  I'll let you all know the results tomorrow! For now, I'm off to make things happen!

Wishing each and every one of you a super sassy Sunday!

Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, and My Fitness Pal

Daily Motivator


No comments:

Post a Comment