Friday, July 27, 2012

Cheering on Team USA & TGIF!

Happy Friday, woo hoo!!! We made it ya'll!! Who is bouncing out of their seat excited about the opening of the Olympic games?! THIS GIRL!!! I can't wait to watch team USA make us proud! I'm really looking forward to men's Basketball, basketball is in my blood ya'll- God didn't make my family tall for nothing- Men's and Women's gymnastics- as a young girl I would use the back of our living room sofa as a balance beam, Mom just loved that, and all track & field events, ya know because I'm all into running these days! We will be watching nothing but straight Olympics for the next two weeks at my house. Can't not wait, Go USA!

It's day 12 of my 14 day challenge, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Last night I was feeling a little lazy about dinner, but I didn't cheat myself- I've come to far at this point. Instead, I picked up this salad at Wal mart. The entire salad including dressing is a grand total of 190 calories. Can't beat that!



I've been craving sweets like no body's business, so last night on our grocery run, I picked up these- 1 cake = 90 calories



My husband tried sneaking unhealthy junk into the grocery cart our entire trip. He's over being on a diet ya'll. First he tried to sneak in pizza rolls, no success, then peanut butter M&M's ,this would be diet suicide for me ya'll- peanut butter M&Ms are my biggest weakness- what was he thinking? He actually got those into the basket before I put them back. I thought I had him covered at every corner, but as we were checking out I looked down, and see this:


Sneaky sneaky Mr. Noel. Swiss rolls are his peanut butter M&M equivalent. Obviously, I am not going to win this battle. We have a deal. If he brings tempting junk into the house he has to hide it from me. Yes, just like you would hide things from a toddler. I have no idea where his hiding place is. I don't go looking for it, and he's discrete about his munching. This is sad I know, but it is what it is people!

The past week I've been quietly battling an injury. I hurt my hip running this past Saturday. I felt something pop just before I hit a mile, and like the stubborn ox that I am, I kept running on it for another 2.5 miles. Not smart I know. I haven't openly discussed it, because I didn't want anyone telling me I shouldn't be exercising.  My sister from another mister has been fussing me about this all week. She thinks I would literally drag myself into the gym on my forearms if I had to, and she's absolutely correct. Nothing is stopping me now. I did a cardio dance class last night and sat out the 5:30am class yesterday morning. I'm feeling much much better, but it was really bothering me this morning. It seems to be at it's worst first thing in the morning, since I've been immobile for hours. Nevertheless, I got my butt to the gym. Right when I walk in, one of the trainers/ class instructors, who is at the desk says, "Are you LIMPING!?" Ugh, I can't hide it anymore. I confess to her what's going on, and she thinks I'm fine, but she told me to take at least ten minutes to really stretch out my hip after my workout, and not to run until it's better. I haven't run since I hurt my hip last week. It's driving me crazy, but I don't want to further injure myself and really have to sit out a long while. This morning I did 35 minutes on the elliptical trainer


 Then I did 10 minutes on the Stair Master. For those of you who don't know what this beast of a machine is, here's a look:


I'll do a series of different moves on this machine to really work all of the muscles in my leg, i.e walking backwards, sideways to the left and right, and taking two steps at a time with an opposite leg lift, let's hear it for showing those buns some love! Next, I did 300 abs again. I really like this ab routine, but it's getting easy, so I'll need a new ab routine soon, any suggestions? Then I stretched out my hip for a solid 10 minutes. It feels so much better. I wish I had discussed this with one of the trainers sooner, but I'm stubborn to a fault, so dumb! I may try running tomorrow, but we'll see how it feels in the morning. I'm going back to the gym this afternoon. It's day 12, so time for a final push! Here I am after my Friday morning sweat session:


Is anyone else crazy excited for football season to start? I can't wait to see those Cajuns play on September 1st! OK, are you ready to be really impressed? I turned that sweaty mess into this in under an hour. Basically, I'm a magician.


I hope you all have a great Friday! I'm aiming to get in a post tomorrow, if not tomorrow, you'll hear from me Sunday! Have a fun, fabulous, and safe weekend peeps!

 
Daily Motivator




Thanks for reading!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment