Monday, July 30, 2012

14 Day Challenge Results

My 14 day challenge is complete! I felt accomplished before going to bed last night. I've put in the work, and it's time to reap the reward. Last night, my husband and I watched the USA Women's Gymnastics all around finals qualifier. Two gymnast from team USA could make it into the all around finals, and they all wanted it desperately. If you watched the all around qualifier, you know how this story ends,Gabrielle Douglas and Aly Raisman will represent Team USA, leaving the defending world champion, Jordyn Wieber, feeling defeated, crushed, and emotional about her failure on the global stage, pressure much? She will not win a medal in the all around finals. While the girls were waiting on Jordyn's scores, Gabrielle Douglas can be heard in the background talking to the group. She said to the team, "We ARE Olympians", poignant perspective.This group has put in so much work, countless training hours, followed a strict diet, and unmeasurable time building mental physicality in addition to physical strength. They've already accomplished what so many others have not. It's an important lesson to learn, look at how far you've come, and be proud of yourself.

I knew about what the scale was going to say, because I've secretly been weighing myself everyday. This is a no no because it can be quite discouraging, but I'm entirely to type A to wait 14 days to know what's going on with my body. 14 days of strict dieting & 18 work outs later, I've lost three pounds. Yep, that's it. Two of those pounds showed up on the scale Sunday morning and one more this morning, official weigh in day, for a grand total of 3lbs in two weeks. I know what you're thinking, "Really?! That's it?! After all that work she put it?!" Truth be told, this has happened to me before.

Last March, I was battling a plateau. For 8 days straight I worked my butt off with zero cheats and somewhere around 12 work outs. At this time, I was doing personal training with my sister from another mister, and Monday mornings were our weigh in days. That Monday morning I jumped on the scale, I was super jazzed to see what it had to say. I'd done everything I was supposed to do plus some. Frankly, I'd made myself completely miserable in the process. I stepped on the scale, and I'd lost ZERO pounds. Needless to say, this experience was emotional. I was so incredibly disappointed. I felt I had nothing more to give of myself, what was it going to take to get rid of these pounds? I didn't care what needed to be done, I'd do it, I am not afraid of hard work. To say I was slightly disappointed, would be an understatement. It took everything I had to scrape together my crazy female emotions and put in a work out that morning, but I did it. That's what you have to do, keep working towards your goal. Even my trainer, who is now my Beachbody Coach and friend, was dumb founded and disappointed. That entire day I thought about where I could give more of myself to my goal. That afternoon was my first run to the gym. I found running an amazing stress reliever and I could take my frustration out on the pavement. The following Wednesday, my trainer insisted I weigh in again. With trepidation, I got on the scale two little days later and I'd lost 8 pounds. WOW. Those few extra miles I'd run hadn't put up that number, my persistence had.


All that said, I'm super happy with those 3 pounds. I've lost them, they're gone for good. Now it's time to dig in and keep going. Its also important to remember that the scale isn't the only way to measure your success. Obviously, I'm getting smaller, I wore two pairs of pants last week that haven't fit in five years! That's something to cheer about! I need to take measurements and body fat percentage again sometime soon, I haven't done that since May 14th. Don't ever feel disappointed in what the scale has to say, if you're putting in the work, you will reach your goal. Just keep digging, who knows how close you may be! Whatever you do, do NOT give up!


Sunday was another busy day at our casa. I ended up spending the majority of the morning with my Mom. She's had her eye on a big leather chair for her guest room for months now, and there it was on sale in the Sunday morning paper. Holla for a dolla! We had to go hunting for this chair ya'll. Two stores and 3 hours later, we got the chair home. My wonderful husband dutifully put it together and now it's home, where I'm sure it will make my Mom very happy. My left hip is still aggravating me all day long with it's annoying pain, so no running for me again yesterday. I have started taking an anti inflammatory medication to help heal that muscle but I'm really missing my runs. Yesterday, I had to get creative with my work out. I took a bike from my Mom's house and rode it home. It was a four and half mile ride and it took me right at 20 minutes to complete, I got held up at a few pesky lights and I paused on top of the Camilla Bridge to take a picture, because you just don't get that view from a car. I've only seen this view one other time, on my wedding day. On the way to the church, the trolley passed over the bridge, and I remember thinking how beautiful and serene the day was, just the way I'd been feeling in that moment. Who doesn't love to reminisce?


I've been craving macaroni and cheese lately, because we all need comfort food ya'll! Last night, I set out to make myself some skinny mac and cheese. I used ideas from a few different recipes and this is what I came up with:

Elle Noel Skinny Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
Serves 4- 3/4 cup =276 calories

1 and 1/2 cups skim milk
2 egg whites
1 cup fat free sharp cheddar cheese
3 wedges The Laughing Cow light creamy Swiss cheese
2 cups100% whole grain pasta (I used Penne Rigate)
2 tablespoons corn starch
4 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste

Whip together milk, egg whites, and corn starch until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 1 hour and stir, cook an additional 30-45 minutes on low. Watch the noodles because they will turn into mush if you aren't careful.




Mmmmmm so good! This is fancy Mac & Cheese ya'll, and it cured my craving! Win Win!
This coming weekend, I have a new challenge for myself. One of my very best friends and I are going to do a three day Shakeology cleanse. I'll fill ya'll in on all those deets later this week. I'm also challenging myself to continue the 14 day challenge rules through the cleanse, results to follow!

Monday is already proving to be a busy day, this is how I ate breakfast this morning


I'm telling Monday who is boss lady with a cute outfit, coffee, and my new favorite quote-
"just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming" ~ Dory, Finding Nemo 


Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, and My Fitness Pal

Daily Motivator



Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment